October 10, 2016
0
here are some best quotes collection of Philip Roth. i hope everybody like philip roth this collection.

“Everybody else is working to change, persuade, tempt and control them. The best readers come to fiction to be free of all that noise.” =Philip Roth

Everybody Else is Working to Change, Persuade

Read More:-

At a certain stage of misery, you'll try anything to explain what's going on with you, even if you know it doesn't explain a thing and it's one failed explanation after another. =Philip Roth
At a certain Statge of Misery

Suicide is the role you write for yourself. You inhabit it and you enact it. All carefully staged -- where they will find you and how they will find you. But one performance only. =Philip Roth
Suicide is the role you write for yourself

Read More:-

“He had learned the worst lesson that life can teach - that it makes no sense.”   =Philip Roth
He had learned the worst lesson that life can teach

“You put too much stock in human intelligence, it doesn't annihilate human nature.”  =Philip Roth
You put too much stock in human intelligence

Old age isn't a battle; old age is a massacre.  =Philip Roth
Old age isn't a battle; old age is a massacre.

Sheer Playfulness and Deadly Seriousness are my closest friends.  =Philip Roth
Sheer Playfulness and Deadly Seriousness are my closest friends

I cannot and do not live in the world of discretion, not as a writer, anyway. I would prefer to, I assure you - it would make life easier. But discretion is, unfortunately, not for novelists.  =Philip Roth
I cannot and do not live in the world of discretion

Is an intelligent human being likely to be much more than a large-scale manufacturer of misunderstanding? =Philip Roth
Is an intelligent human being likely to be much

I write fiction and I'm told it’s autobiography, I write autobiography and I'm told it's fiction, so since I'm so dim and they're so smart, let them decide what it is or it isn't. =Philip Roth
I write fiction and I'm told it’s autobiography

I don't wish to be a slave any longer to the stringent exigencies of literature. =Philip Roth
I don't wish to be a slave any longer

Read More:-

Fear tends to manifest itself much more quickly than greed, so volatile markets tend to be on the downside. In up markets, volatility tends to gradually decline. =Philip Roth
Fear tends to manifest itself much more quickly

0 comments:

Post a Comment